Friday, August 14, 2009

YEA JACK!

Just logged into the daycare "Watch your kid while you are at work" webcam, which I rarely do anymore. But, as you can read in previous posts, we have been on the potty train this week. We have been in pullups all week, but have stayed dry every day with the exception of a few instances of #2 (blech!) And so I have been telling him that he's doing great and soon he will get to wear a pair of big boy underpants, of which we currently have an assortment on display in a basket in his bathroom to entice him, including Elmo, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Grover, Ernie, Thomas the Train and his favorite - 3 pairs showcasing the Pixar film - Cars. Last night as he made the last trip into the bathroom for the night, he picked up his favorite pair of underpants - featuring the ever cool Lightning McQueen, laid them on the bathroom floor, smoothed them out and bent over and kissed them. Lightning has a power in our house that is unsurpassed by anything.


So, I had to check to see if he's still in the same shorts I sent him in to school today because as we were getting dressed today he picked up his Lightning McQueen big boy underpants and held them out, looking at me with those big blue eyes as if to say,


"Mommy I can do it, I promise...please can I wear them?"


And so off to school he went.


And he's still in those same shorts and it's 3:15pm.


My little man is, as he says, "getting BIGGER!"


Ah the power of Cars continues to dominate the Rath household.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hannah, Victoria and I can attest to the power of Cars. Great job Jack.

Lisa said...

Lightning was king at our house for a while, too. Actually, we may have a bunch of Cars hot wheels etc we may be able to give to big boy Jack as we have outgrown them!! Good Job, Jack! Lucky you that it all went so well.