Thursday, December 4, 2008

Family Thanksgiving

I'm a few days late, but I had 224 pictures to edit so cut me some slack ok? We had a fantastic time this holiday at Grandma and Grandpa's in Tennessee. It was probably the most fun weekend we have all had together that I can remember.


Maybe it's because with us now having kids I really get what it's all about or maybe it's because there were 7 cousins that were more than happy to wear out my two children for the four days. Either way, this one goes in the memory books under Best Holidays!


The food was amazing as always, and extra special, Great Grandma Aurel was able to be there (and had baked plenty of cookies well in advance!) We celebrated Cory's (38), Kevin's (15) and Duke's (1st) birthdays and even Santa joined in the fun with a suprise visit on Friday night to hear what all the kids wanted for Christmas (even had an advance gift for everyone!)


For us, we started off a little leary about the 3 1/2 hour drive, but the boys pulled through great. (We even went the entire trip home without the DVD player on except for the last 30 minutes - shocking, I know!) I was not so sure how the sleeping arrangements would work out...figured we'd have Jack in our bed all weekend rather than on his mattress on the floor of our room, but was wrong on that one too...little guy slept on it on his own all weekend without a hitch and little brother had his cozy spot in the pack n play in the closet.


Of course, we weren't in a "routine" but I was glad for it. It was nice to have some fun and spoils, even if it means that now Jack associates "Maama and Paapa's House" with as many cookies and gumdrops he asks for and getting to stay up after bath and run around the living room like a crazy kid. But he also grasped the concept of "snuggle with Mommy?" and I love that!


We enjoyed spending time with everyone, just playing, eating, talking and being with one another. The only change for next year...Grandma has to sit and let us girls take over the kitchen! (Even if it means at the loss of some amazing food, I think we'll be able to manage!)


Enjoy a few pictures of our time together.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, we had a great time too. I absolutely LOVE to watch the cousins together. It was a very special weekend.

Clare Burgess-Mork said...

For the record I am stealing Duke away from you all when you come here for the holiday--I miss babies and he's the sweetest one ever! Love the pics of the boys together:) Glad you had such a wonderful time and made such great memories!