Sunday, November 30, 2008

Duke Celebrates!



I can hardly believe it, my baby boy is 1 year old today! They say the first year flies by, this one was in warp speed. Maybe it's because with his big brother not that much bigger really that it's gone twice as fast as Jack's first year. Either way, I am both thankful for how wonderful it was while slightly saddened that it's really here. My baby is growing up and there is nothing I can do to delay it. I even overheard Cory talking to Duke tonight asking him if he could just stay this sweet and cute forever.



I should share in this blog all the memories I have of his first year, but I find it hard to do that without comparing it with his brother's and I really need to try and work on not doing that as much as it seems to happen. This sweet, wonderful baby has been everything a mother could want when she's not expecting another child so soon after the first. It's as if he knew the moment he arrived that he was here to bring absolute joy to us in everything he does. And although I remember thinking there was no way I could possibly love a second baby as much as I loved my first, I have discovered that it's not just possible, it's guaranteed.


So Baby Duke, Happy Birthday...and thank you for bringing us more joy, more love, more happiness, more hope, more smiles and more laughter than we ever believed was possible!








3 comments:

Clare Burgess-Mork said...

Happy birthday Duke!!!! Can't believe one year ago I was waiting to hear from your Daddy that you were born. Can't wait to see you and hug and kiss you in person in a few weeks!

Love, Auntie Clare

Anonymous said...

This was at warp speed. I think that's why everyone was so surprised that it was already his birthday. It seemed like yesterday he was just 6mo old.

Charlie

mamanugget said...

Happy birthday cutie pie Duke! Tell your parents to bring you for a visit soon. :-)