Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Compartmentalizing

Why do I do this?

I think my brain is wired to be an apothecary table - think episode of Friends - The One where Rachel REALLY wanted such a dresser of many drawers from Pottery Barn but had to lie to Phoebe about buying at an antique shop because Phoebe was absolutely against buying anything at Pottery Barn?

I have all these little drawers in my little mind and each one holds an idea, task, need, desire, addiction, project, purpose, hope, dream....and on and on and on.

I open up one, get really involved in it, tweak it, get it almost finished and ready to remove from said drawer and then sadly, I must close it and open another because there are something around 63 other drawers that are staring at me in the face still closed that I need to get back to (or started).

When exactly do you get to the point of just opening a drawer, working on the contents to completion and then closing it, empty but feeling satisfied that you do not need to fill it with yet something else.

Just curious. Does that ever really happen?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

See you tomorrow