Monday, May 26, 2008

The 1st Annual Rath Memorial Day BASH!



Did we have fun this weekend or what! Cory and I have always loved playing hosts, and we've had our share of parties in the past 13 years, but it's been a while since we've done it. Well, yesterday we made up for our time off!

For the first time since we've moved into the new place we invited all our friends out to enjoy a cookout for the day. We had a blow up moonwalk bounce contraption, badmitton, a 12 foot long sprinker, the boys' playground, and Cory had our Polaris 4-Wheeler all ready and waiting for people to take rides around the place where he had cut a couple paths through the woods. There was more food than we could possibly have planned for thanks to all the wonderful sides and desserts our friends brought and plenty of grillin' going on. The weather was great, a little on the hot side, but much better than rain and kids everywhere! I think we counted just over 50 people that made it.

We sure hope all of you that made it had a great time, because we did. And we really appreciated you all making the trek out to the country! For those of you that couldn't make it, you better make plans for next year because we will be doing it all over again! (And I promise I won't forget to set out the lettuce for the hamburgers! I had it all ready in the fridge and completely forgot about it, sorry 'bout that!)

Enjoy the few pics I was able to snap - I really wanted to grab one of all the kids together, but maybe next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast...can we come next year? I'll help cook...I promise.