Monday, May 19, 2008

Our Daddy the Builder!

Check out Chez Jack & Duke!






This is the playset that Cory built for the boys. Yes, I know, it seems a little advanced for them, as Jack's not even 2 and Duke's only 6 months, but Jack already plays great on it and loves to slide. We used rubber mulch for the base which was brilliant, no fear of bugs or fire ants or any scrapes like regular mulch or small projectile pebbles.



And the fence you wonder? Well, with 40 acres to romp around and a child that just loves to take off into the wild yonder, trust me, it helps me have peace of mind! No chasing necessary when in the "outdoor cage" as my friend Leslie refers to it!

Cory did a great job (even when I doubted it...you would think one day I would learn)! Just came up with the design himself and added the swing part from a Lowe's kit. I was very impressed. Should you have any construction jobs you need help with, just give him a call! After two houses, a pond, this play yard and soon to be a lake, he's an all around pro at this stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. Alex is really good with things like this too. I don't know about something this big, but he has built both fish stands he's had, this last one holds 150 gallon fish tank, & he built the canopys for them. & he just finished building my mom & dad a corner book shelf. so if cory ever needs help with anything like that alex would be happy to help.

Clare Burgess-Mork said...

Ok Uncle Cory, once we move into the new place in WI I may be asking for some help for something like this! Very awesome! Sarah is never allowed to complain about your projects again--hee hee--not that she does to the best of my knowledge! Love you guys!
Clare