Monday, May 21, 2012

Serenity (for today)

Maybe it's Jack's first year at his forever school coming to a close.

Maybe it's my favorite month (but busiest month) 1/2 done.

Maybe it's having a vision financially of where we are headed and being in that place for the first time since the kids were born.

Maybe it's Duke being on green the WHOLE day, after nearly four months of "I was on yellow, and just a little on red..."

Maybe it's having this view (insert imagined pic here of amazing view of the lake while sitting on the new bench - sorry haven't figured out this feature on my iPad yet!) as I type this tonite.

Or maybe, just maybe it's all of the above and more.

Whatever it is, I'm starting to feel more grounded again. I know I haven't felt this since last August. I am sure of it. Things have been great, don't get me wrong, we have had so many blessings it has been beyond my imagination, but mentally something seems to have spun out of control about that time last year and I've made half hearted attempts to grab it again and only have it fleet away. It's nice to feel my arms wrapped around it tight.

Wonder how long it'll stay.

No comments: